For All Students
Please choose the correct link on the “Certificates” page, indicating if you are a current UF student or potential new student.
Once you have completed Step 1, you must complete the departmental application. The submission of this application informs the department of your intention to apply and initiates the application process.
For International Students Only
Arrange to have official TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB scores sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions. If your degree is from a country outside the US, please complete the following:
- Arrange to have official English Language Exam (TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB) scores sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions, unless exempt.
- Official transcripts (in both the native language and an English translation) and degree certificate. (Originals will not be returned to you.)
- Applications for international students must arrive by July 1 for Fall admission, November 1 for Spring admission, and March 1 for Summer admission
- Send original documentation, copies CANNOT be accepted for admission
English Language Exams:
- IELTS (The International English Language Testing System): 6.
- MELAB (The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery): 77.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language – Internet-Based): 80.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language – Paper-Based): 550.
- English Language Exam Exemptions: For a list of countries whose citizens are exempt from the TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB exam requirement go to the Graduate School English Language Testing Exemptions. International students who have attended an English-language college or university in the United States full-time for at least one year may be exempt from submitting these exam scores.
For more information, please contact Katherine Pizarro-Gutierrez.