Semester Start and End Dates
- Please consult the Academic Calendar for dates for the most current approved academic calendars or The Registrar’s Office.
- Students must register for courses by the last business day before the semester starts (at or after assigned registration appointment).
- Registration not completed by 5PM, on the last business day before the semester starts, will incur a $100 late registration fee. Section numbers will be sent out via an email notification.
Fall registration starts in late March and runs until the last business day before the semester starts.
Spring registration starts in late November and runs until the last business day before the semester starts.
Summer registration starts in late March and runs until the last business day before the semester starts.
When and where to make tuition payments:
- Tuition payments are due before 3:30 p.m.on the second Friday of the semester . Tuition paid after 3:30PM this date will incur a $100 late payment fee. See the UF Bursar website – or check ONE.UF.
- Payments are considered on time based on the date they are received, not by the postmark date. See Academic Calendar (click on Academic in the upper right corner for UF deadlines).
- Tuition and fees are payable online at ONE.UF.
Types of acceptable payments:
- Credit card: MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or Visa; there will be a 2.6% fee for using a credit card
- Electronic check payment from a US bank: no additional fee charged for this payment type
- Wire transfer from an international bank: student pays all exchange rates – this can take 7-10 business days; no additional fee for this payment type
- Pay to the order of University of Florida
- Mail a check or money order to: University Bursar, PO Box 144050, Gainesville, FL 32611
- On time payments are counted by the receipt date and not the postmark date
IMPORTANT: It is very important that all payments include the student name and UFID number to assure proper payment credits.
For more information please see the University Bursar website.